According to Special Days in September ( https://stilllearningsomethingnew.com/2016/08/23/special-days-in-september-2016/ ), September 7, 1860 is the birth date of Grandma Moses. A couple of Septembers ago we learned about her and enjoyed her art. This year we have decided to further that study. Below are the online resources we’ll be using as we learn about this fascinating and talented lady and practice some pre-painting drawing.
Biography with printable word puzzles and tests http://gardenofpraise.com/art43.htm
Biography and Artwork video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9J5S2jCPo
Read along Grandma Moses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3Abv5xxKA
Printable Artist Notebooking Page http://notebookingfairy.com/2011/11/artist-notebooking-page/
Google image search has the best collection of artwork! https://www.google.com/search?q=grandma+moses+online+gallery&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf0_SHq_3OAhUGGh4KHZFhBNAQ_AUICCgB&biw=1252&bih=604
Step by step Learn to Draw :
- Sky and Landscapes http://www.happyfamilyart.com/art-lessons/learn-to-draw/color-pencil-landscape-drawing/
- Trees http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/learn-to-draw-trees
- Houses http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/stepbystepdrawinglessons/2011/04/how-to-draw-houses-step-by-step-drawing-tutorial-with-this-easy-technique/
- Country Church http://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/crafts/drawing/how-to-draw-a-country-church.htm
- Barn http://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/crafts/drawing/how-to-draw-a-barn-and-pond.htm
- Farm Animals http://my-how-to-draw.com/how-to-draw-horses.html
Tips to help with introducing painting, and preparing work space for painting http://www.ecokidsart.com/basic-tips-how-to-teach-or-introduce-painting-to-children-for-the-first-time/
And a “how to” explanation from Grandma Moses herself!
And check with your local library. Ours has these!