Happy Monday and Happy Homeschooling!
What a Week! So many learning possibilities!
According to Special Days in March, 2018 , the week beginning March 11 is overly full of learning potential! In fact, this week has so many “daily specials” that it’s proving difficult to narrow our learning topics down. Regardless of what direction we go with this week’s learning, I have some terrific resources available.
Dozens of Lesson Plans for K-12 Teachers – http://www.agclassroom.org/teacher/index.htm
Kid Zone, Virtual Tours, and Ag Facts for Students – http://www.agclassroom.org/student/index.htm
Learning Resources and Activities – https://stilllearningsomethingnew.com/2015/03/16/brain-awareness-week-2/
Shakespeare Week also begins March 12th! These resources were originally gathered up for his birthday in April but will work for this week too! https://stilllearningsomethingnew.com/2013/04/23/happy-birthday-william-shakespeare/
K-12 Resources for “teaching…
View original post 160 more words
Here’s the updated New Year’s Resource list for 2018!
Here’s my resource collection for learning and fun with a New Year’s theme!
New Year’s Goals and Year in Review Printables https://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/new-years-resolutions-2018/
Activities, Games, Printables for Teachers http://www.apples4theteacher.com/holidays/new-years-day/
How to say “Happy New Year” in other languages – http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0923039.html
New Year Traditions from Around the World – http://www.123newyear.com/newyear-traditions/
New Year’s History Articles and Videos – http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/new-years
Movie Clips and New Year’s Music from the 1940’s, 50’s, and 60’s – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-2k7hKvaW0
Happy New Year Songs Playlist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAVVo9m5AI
Times Square STEM Activity – http://jdaniel4smom.com/2015/12/new-years-ball-drop-stem-challenge.html
Times Square Math Challenge – http://www.yummymath.com/2015/the-times-square-ball/
“New Year” Bible Verses – http://www.openbible.info/topics/new_year
Bible Based New Year’s Crafts and Activities – http://www.christianitycove.com/?s=new+years
New Year’s Interactive Games – http://www.primarygames.com/holidays/new_years/games.htm
New Year’s Games – Fun for families, friends, and co-ops – http://www.howdoesshe.com/15-fun-new-years-eve-activities-for-kids-or-adults/
“Lucky” Foods and Recipes for New Year’s…
View original post 22 more words
Under Construction! But, there’s enough checked, edited, and added to get us started on October’s learning!
The October calendar has lots of learning opportunities. Below is a wonderful collection of free resources for themed and special day studies all through the month! Be sure to check back often for updates throughout October.
For the complete list of Special Days in October, 2017 https://stilllearningsomethingnew.com/2017/09/26/special-days-in-october-2017/
Free Printable – Special Days in October
Resources for October Themes
- Apples – Resource and Activity Page – http://www.franw.com/2013/11/apple-resources.html
- Bats – Resource Page – http://www.franw.com/2013/10/bat-resource-page.html
- Birds of Prey – Owl Resources – http://www.franw.com/2012/10/owls.html
- Candy – Play, Invent and Explore – http://www.housingaforest.com/candy-potions/
- Discover October – Learning Resources, Activities, Crafts, and Recipes http://www.franw.com/2016/09/a-world-to-discover-october-volume-2.html
- Fire Safety – Teaching Fire Safety Tips – https://www.verywell.com/tips-for-teaching-kids-about-fire-safety-616822 and Parent, Teacher, and Student Resources – http://firefacts.org/
- Monsters – Learning Resources https://stilllearningsomethingnew.com/2015/10/20/monsters/
- October Calendar…
View original post 1,390 more words
Once again I’ve teamed up with Fran from Funschooling and Recreational Learning for another e-book! This one has activities for everyday throughout the month of October! Families, homeschoolers, classrooms, after school program teachers, and club leaders are going to love these fun (and educational) calendar activities.
- Offers 120+ easy to use ideas/activities and includes some delicious recipes.
- Is 16 pages long and printer friendly.
- Offers safe external resource pages for extended information, research, and learning!
- Is an Instant Digital Download: 1 PDF
- Contains Family friendly activities.
Here’s a resource list to add a little more learning to the October Special Days Activities:
- Oct. 1 Model T Ford introduced 1908
View original post 483 more words