I had a “comment” notification on my blog dashboard. It was from Especially Made. She wanted to tell me that she has nominated Still Learning Something New for this:
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
Cue the music while you read the rest:
“The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!”
THANK YOU, Especially Made, you have no idea how much your nomination encouraged me. Hebrews 10:24 says, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds”. I’m still feeling nervous and insecure about this new “bloggy thingy”, and I struggle with my recovery from a rather bad case of computerphobia. You strengthened me.
Here are the questions and my answers:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I blog in a response to sermon challenges of getting out of my “comfort zone”, “casting nets in deeper waters”, “not forsaking the teachings of my youth”. The list is long.
2. How did you come up with the name to your blog? I really am learning something new every day.
3. What is your favorite blog to read? I’ve thought about this, and I honestly cannot choose a favorite.
4. Tell about your dream job. My dream job is exactly what I do now. However, I would add another baby or two, and it would pay a 6 figure yearly income!
5. Is your glass half empty or half full? My glass is empty. I drank it to avoid any debate.
6. If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? I would love to see the Amazon Rain Forest!
7. What food can you absolutely not eat? Ramen noodles. My boys like them but I can’t stand them.
8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate.
9. How much time do you spend blogging? I’d have to guess 2 – 3 hours. I work on my blogs a little here and there all day.
10, Do you watch TV and if so, what are some of your favorite shows? I like Psych, Swamp People, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and Blue’s Clues.
And here’s 10 of my favorite blogs which I am nominating for their own Sunshine Award.
And now, my acceptance speech. I would like to thank the little people, J9 and Z7, and thanks also to the not so little people A22, A21, E17, and B14 for giving me things to blog about.